Translate

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Candle re-purposing

After having lunch with my mother-in-law the other day, she ordered another of our gorgeous Fired Earth  Black Tea & Jasmine candle as she'd just finished her last one. I asked her what she'd done with her empty glass jar and she replied she'd thrown it in the bin! My sister-in-law and I were horrified, but I'm guessing lots of people throw them straight into the recycling. I can't even remember the last time I threw a candle jar into the bin. When your spending £20 or more on a candle and it comes in a beautiful glass vessel I find it such a waste to throw them. A good wash and they come up sparkling ready to be reused in so many ways. Here's how I use mine.

Kitchen storage.....


Heavy glass bottomed ones like these make perfect whiskey or Baileys glasses, 



Storage in the bathroom, who wants cheap plastic packaging on display?



Keep your desk tidy and looking stylish,



Make it cosy reusing them for tealights,



This Tom Dixon candle is on my Christmas list and I'm already dreaming about what I'll use it for afterwards!


So what do you do? If you throw them, hopefully next time you'll think twice before you drop them into the recycling bin, or if you have an inventive way of re-purposing them, let us know what it is.
And if your inspired, we've got some beautiful candles in the shop for you to enjoy long after they're burnt out.

No comments:

Post a Comment